The SEC-TEAM needs your help! Please complete this survey to help us prioritize for the future.
The Special Education Committee (SEC) is a district-wide committee, currently under the umbrella of the Marbletown PTA.
- Melissa Skillman, RVCSD parent
- Indigo Munoz-Weaver, RVCSD parent
- Jackie Vannosdall, Kerhonkson Elementary School principal
- Megan Berean, RVCSD Director of Pupil Personnel Services (PPS)
The goals of the SEC are as follows:
- To ensure each special needs children receives the best possible free appropriate public education, resulting in the children reaching his or her full potential.
- To encourage children with special needs to participate in regular education programs as much as possible,
- To bring together parents, teachers, administrators, therapists and friends of children with varying needs in order to share their experiences and expertise.
- To keep parents informed of issues and changes in the laws affecting their children.
- To familiarize parents with the Committee on Special Education (CSE) and its process of programs for children with special needs.
- To educate the community at large for the need of Special Education Programs.
Meeting are open to ALL community members. The focus of this committee is intended to be district-wide and membership is open to ALL Rondout Valley families.
For more information, please email the SEC team.
- Fundraising Committee: C0-Chaired by Laura Walzer and April Miller
- Education Committee: Co-Chaired by Kim Cohen and Keri McArdle
- Inclusion Committee: Co-Chaired by Indigo Munoz-Weaver and Mindy Shaw
- Support Group Committee: Co-Chaired by Laura Walzer and Stephanie Labodin