Chef/Instructor: Donna Cohn Viertel
Duration: 6 weeks
Grades: K – 3
Time: 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Location: MES Kitchen
Dates: Mondays ~ January 25, February 1, 8, 22, 29, March 7
Overview: Students will participate in a hands-on learning experience teaching them how to cook/prepare healthy dishes from scratch. Cooking activities will be incorporated with instruction on safe food handling, cooking technique and background information on nutrition. Our Rondout Valley Farm to School Initiative will be incorporated on all levels.
1. Sour – Lemon/sour cream scones
2. Fats – tuna salad sandwiches with greens on wheat
3. Salt – matzo ball soup
4. Sweets – oatmeal cranberry cookies
5. Carbohydrates – apple crisp
6. Protein – sautéed chicken with green beans
Click here to download the registration form.